Bentley, Logan, and Sydney
Hoping to land a part-time gig that pays between $20 and $40 an hour? Bargaineering shares five hot fields that can make this a reality. Check out why it pays to become a tutor, massage therapist, and more:
1. Flight Attendant: The median pay for flight attendants $37,740 a year. Some flight attendants can work as little as 20 to 30 hours a week. However, the days can be long, requiring 12 to 17 hours of work at a time and some nights away from home.
2. Personal Trainer or Exercise Instructor: It’s possible to make between $20 and $40 an hour, working six to 10 hours a week for Yoga or Pilates.
3. English Teachers for Non-Speakers: You can earn around $22 an hour as a teacher for non-English speakers. And it’s possible to enjoy travel to other countries while teaching English in this way. Decent pay can be found for those wishing to travel the world and earn money with part-time work.
4. Massage Therapist: The median pay for a massage therapist is almost $35,000 a year. While 60% of massage therapists are self-employed, they often work with chiropractors, as well as provide personal care services. Many massage therapists also work in the travel industry, including hotels and cruises.
5. Tutor: It’s possible to make as much as $20 an hour as a tutor. There are tutoring web sites that even allow you to work from home. You could also tutor privately in your home, or work at a tutoring center.